Cross Ledge Light (Foundation)
"Delaware Bay, New Jersey"
"This granite pier that at one time held a two-story, wood-frame dwelling with a mansard roof and a black lantern room is all that is left of the Cross Ledge Lighthouse. The light was discontinued when the Elbow of Cross Ledge Light was constructed in 1907. This site, in the middle of the Delaware Bay, which was once an 'aid' to navigation is now considered a hazard since the pier is not marked or lighted."
Lighthouses: A Photographic Journey
Copyright © 1995-2006 David S. Carter, Donald W. Carter, & Diana K. Carter. All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means, physical or electronic, in part or in full, without the express permission of the authors, is strictly prohibited.